ModWood, the original manufacturer of wood plastic composites is Australian made and owned. Made from 90% recycled wood and plastic and reclaimed environmentally friendly materials, ModWood decking looks and feel like natural timber, but requires none of the maintenance of traditional woods.
Installation of ModWood is easy as no special tools are required. A ModWood deck offers long life with minimal maintenance and is a proven performer in the harsh Australian environment. Due to the composition of ModWood, you can create a low environmental impact and stylish outdoor space.
Backed by a 10 year limited residential warranty, you can expect your deck to withstand the wear and tear of busy lives. Even though ModWood requires little of the maintenance time and costs compared to conventional timber decks, regular cleaning of your deck will assist in maintaining its great look. Avoid scratching from furniture and other hard objects and staining from foreign substances.
Hard wearing and easy on the feet, ModWood is child friendly as it does not splinter. This makes it ideal decking for use around pool or spa areas. Whilst ModWood is unaffected by salt water and it is ideal in a marine environment – suitable for docks and pontoons, it is not designed to be immersed in water.
ModWood decking comes in a range of sizes, colours and finishes, giving you the ability to create residential or commercial projects with function and style. Available in a range of 4 colours – Black Bean, Jarrah, Sahara, Silver Gum. Additionally Modwood Flame Shield® is specially formulated ModWood with a fire retardant additive included in its manufacturing process. Flame Shield is offered in the 137 x 23mm profile only and gives you a traditional decking look and feel with a BAL-40 rating.
Available in 88/137mm x 23mm boards and with a smooth or brushed/embossed or deep embossed R11 grain to mimic the natural look and feel of timber.
- Variety of colours, sizes and finishes
- Stands up to fully exposed applications –recommended for use around pools and spas
- Termite resistant
- Doesn’t Splinter
- Great value
- In addition to timber decking and screens, Modwood can also be used as a lining or cladding.
- High degree of UV stability
- High resistant to extreme weather
- Moisture and termite resistant
- Low maintenance
- ModWood will outperform conventional timbers. Most profiles have a high ‘Anti-slip Rating’ R11.
- Won’t rot, crack, warp or splinter (so long as installed and used as recommended)
- Blends with any architectural style